Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

creating arbitrary channel cross-sections

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to make various cross-sections in Comsol to look at the velocity profile in a microchannel with a cross-section such as rhombic and polygons. Could you please guide me to some references or examples that I can use to create a cross-section that is not in the template?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Jun 15, 2022, 2:41 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 15, 2022, 2:41 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Jun 15, 2022, 2:46 p.m. EDT

Hello Fatemehsadat,

You can draw the cross section you need in a workplane and then extrude it, or sweep it along a curve of your choosing. To inspire you, I am attaching a small example to this post, where I show how to extrude and sweep a simple polygon (kite shape); the same approach applies with any cross-section you would draw in a workplane using the many tools available for that purpose. The Reference Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 6.0, Chapter 7 covers the topic of geometry creation; there are of course of lot of options available to you. This blog post may be helpful as well.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Fatemehsadat, You can draw the cross section you need in a workplane and then extrude it, or sweep it along a curve of your choosing. To inspire you, I am attaching a small example to this post, where I show how to extrude and sweep a simple polygon (kite shape); the same approach applies with any cross-section you would draw in a workplane using the many tools available for that purpose. The Reference Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 6.0, Chapter 7 covers the topic of geometry creation; there are of course of lot of options available to you. [This blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/creating-a-model-geometry-in-comsol-multiphysics/) may be helpful as well. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.