Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The modified distribution of the refractive index of LN is fed into the mode solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The refractive index of the material I use varies with the voltage distribution, so I first use electrostatic simulation to get the refractive index distribution, and then input the refractive index distribution into the material of optical simulation. How can I export and input the refractive index distribution into the new optical simulation? Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Aug 15, 2022, 11:31 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Aug 15, 2022, 11:31 a.m. EDT

Well, one way would be to export the relevant data from tables or plots of values vs. spatial coordinates. You can import data into interpolation functions of spatial coordinates and then use those functions to specify your distributions. Have you considered that approach?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Well, one way would be to export the relevant data from tables or plots of values vs. spatial coordinates. You can import data into interpolation functions of spatial coordinates and then use those functions to specify your distributions. Have you considered that approach?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.