Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer Extra-Dimension z-direction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to model a simple 3D block that heats up using a Volumetric Heat Source, but I would like to simplify it to a 2D geometry with a pseudo-dimension. The challenge here is that the 3D block has a constant temperature boundary condition at the bottom (i.e. out of plane). I would like to see the temperature gradient along the z-pseudo-axis. I'm thinking that the "Extra Dimension" feature would be best for this, but I'm not sure how to couple it with the "Heat Transfer in Solid Physics". I can see that one possibily might be to write everything in weak form, but I was wondering if I could do it using the HT module. Is this possible? And if yes, how does one implement that in COMSOL?

1 Reply Last Post Aug 12, 2022, 11:59 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Aug 12, 2022, 11:59 a.m. EDT

That is a great question. I have the same question.

That is a great question. I have the same question.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.