Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary layer for thin coating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I'm currently modelling a glass-guide with a thin copper-coating on the inside with a thickness of around 500nm. On the outside, a coil is placed. Using the magnetic field interface and a frequency study I want to examine the skin-effect inside the guide. To model the coating I used a boundary mesh. I'm aware that at this thickness the skin-effect should be negligible. However, to test it I made a thick coating (1mm) and the magnetic field wasn't affected at all. I explicitly applied copper to the boundary but it appears that it doesn't do anything.

I'm fairly new to COMSOL, so I might have made a silly beginners-error. I hope that someone is able to help me.

Best, Luca

0 Replies Last Post Aug 11, 2022, 9:01 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luca

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.