Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unknown variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The software shows that a variable I defined contains an unknown variable, but this unknown variable is the electric potential V, a dependent variable of the electric current interface, which means it cannot be written as a specific expression to define it. So how can i solve this problem? I will be appreciated to receive replies!

1 Reply Last Post Sep 1, 2022, 1:32 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 1, 2022, 1:32 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Sep 2, 2022, 8:38 a.m. EDT

The most likely scenario is that you are trying to call the variable outside of its geometric scope. For instance, that can happen if V is defined in one region and you're calling it in another, or it's defined on some boundaries and you're trying to use it in a domain, or in a global expression when it is a field, etc...

If that's not the case, please post your .mph file to this thread so participants to this Discussion Forum can chime in productively (It's hard to give more than educated guesses without seeing how you have set things up!).

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
The most likely scenario is that you are trying to call the variable outside of its geometric scope. For instance, that can happen if V is defined in one region and you're calling it in another, or it's defined on some boundaries and you're trying to use it in a domain, or in a global expression when it is a field, etc... If that's not the case, please post your .mph file to this thread so participants to this Discussion Forum can chime in productively (It's hard to give more than educated guesses without seeing how you have set things up!). Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.