Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

force electric field as input using "port"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

dear all ,

in the attached 3D model i use electromagnetic module with two cylinder geometry. i would like to simulate a beam/electric field input enter into the big and the small cylinder from the top (came from infinity) ,the big cylinder top is with perfect electric conductor and the small elipse in the bottom is not . i want the electric filed to enter into the elipse in the bottom how i can do it using port?

1 Reply Last Post Sep 12, 2022, 11:34 a.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 12, 2022, 11:34 a.m. EDT

I don't understand what you are trying to do and indeed I am not sure it makes physical sense.

Posting your reduced/ cleared model, perhaps with some more explanation, may get you some help.

If a port is circular you can use the Circular Port option, being sure to specify the axis of the electric field. Otherwise you will need to use a Numerical Port being sure to do a Boundary Mode Analysis step first.

I don't understand what you are trying to do and indeed I am not sure it makes physical sense. Posting your reduced/ cleared model, perhaps with some more explanation, may get you some help. If a port is circular you can use the Circular Port option, being sure to specify the axis of the electric field. Otherwise you will need to use a Numerical Port being sure to do a Boundary Mode Analysis step first.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.