Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Showing deformation scale value in plot title

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am still really new to COMSOL.

Is there a way to show the deformation scale of the current plot in its title? In case it matters I am using 6.0.

Thanks, Dan

4 Replies Last Post Sep 20, 2022, 5:18 p.m. EDT
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 15, 2022, 8:58 a.m. EDT

Please have a look towards the end of https://www.comsol.com/release/6.0/postprocessing-and-visualization

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Please have a look towards the end of https://www.comsol.com/release/6.0/postprocessing-and-visualization

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 16, 2022, 9:44 a.m. EDT

Thanks for your reply. I am assuming that you are pointing me to the "Evaluating Expressions in Graph Plot Legends" part of that page. Using that method I don't see the deformation scale as an option. There are plenty of options for the actual deformation of the part but not the scale that is shown in the graphics window.

Sorry, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks, Dan

Thanks for your reply. I am assuming that you are pointing me to the "Evaluating Expressions in Graph Plot Legends" part of that page. Using that method I don't see the deformation scale as an option. There are plenty of options for the actual deformation of the part but not the scale that is shown in the graphics window. Sorry, am I missing something obvious? Thanks, Dan

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 20, 2022, 8:47 a.m. EDT

It isn't possible to include the deformation scale in the plot title, at least not without using Java code in a model method. I will log this suggestion in our internal suggestion database.

It isn't possible to include the deformation scale in the plot title, at least not without using Java code in a model method. I will log this suggestion in our internal suggestion database.

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 20, 2022, 5:18 p.m. EDT

If you are looking at prescribing the scale, this can be easy. Define a parameter say s. Use it in in the Scale Factor settings. Now access the parameter according to "Evaluating Expressions..."

If you are looking at prescribing the scale, this can be easy. Define a parameter say s. Use it in in the Scale Factor settings. Now access the parameter according to "Evaluating Expressions..."

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.