Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving problem sequentially

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to use a solution of a static problem(emqa1) for a time-dependent problem(emqa2).

I defined two modes. (emqa1, emqa2)

I put some of expressions into expression-subdomain tab. These expressions are dependent only on solution of

first mode(emqa1), and should not change while solving a second mode(emqa2).

For example, I put a expression named 'theta' which has a expression of 'atan2(Hy_emqa1/Hx_emqa1)' into the expression-subdomain tab.

And using this values in a subdomain, I want to solve time-dependent problem(emqa2).

But I am worrying that COMSOL removes this values while solving 'emqa2' resulting in wrong solution.

While solving (emqa2), does COMSOL try to calculate the expression like 'atan2(Hy_emqa1/Hx_emqa1)'

again or not?

0 Replies Last Post Feb 9, 2010, 9:45 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Heungson Lee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.