Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I want to perform a parametric study.

I have four variable with 4 set of values each. In all combination setting in parametric sweep it creats 256 combination of parametric set, which has to solve by COMSOL.

Now I am facing convergence error at some of the set out of 256 combination which stop the whole simulation. ( For example that in my case after runing upto 143 parametric set the simulation stop at 144th set of parameter set (convegence error). I am sure that if somehow I skip 145th set the simulation again start from 145th smoothly.

Now my question is that is there any procedure , so that I can skip some of the combination from the parametric set. ( in parametric sweep setting all combination setting).

I am highly thankful for your valuable feedbacks. Shyam

2 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2022, 6:43 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago Oct 12, 2022, 4:07 a.m. EDT

You can control that behavior using the On error control in the Parametric node, see the attached screenshot.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
You can control that behavior using the *On error* control in the *Parametric* node, see the attached screenshot.

Posted: 1 year ago Oct 12, 2022, 6:43 a.m. EDT

Okay thank you very much Henrik.

Okay thank you very much Henrik.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.