Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how can I introduce the air damping in the piezoelectric energy harvester

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating a piezoelectric energy harvester. Can someone help me , how can I introduce the air damping in the structure? Thanx in advance

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2022, 7:47 a.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 17, 2022, 7:17 p.m. EDT

You would need to use the Laminar Flow physics.

You would need to use the Laminar Flow physics.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 18, 2022, 7:47 a.m. EDT

Depending on the exact physical properties of the damping, and your geometry, there are also other possiblilties.

If the air damping comes from a thin air layer, the Thin-Film Flow interface may be an option.

Also, using acoustics rather than full fluid mechanics may be an option.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Depending on the exact physical properties of the damping, and your geometry, there are also other possiblilties. If the air damping comes from a thin air layer, the Thin-Film Flow interface may be an option. Also, using acoustics rather than full fluid mechanics may be an option.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.