Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Domains are showing as shell rather than filled material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would appreciate help with the following issue. In my Comsol simulation I am having difficulty finding the solution "inside" the material as the geometry for some reason is presented as a "thin shell". I am attaching my model and a screenshot. I want to see the solution (dispalcement for example) inside the material (couple of mms inside the material) rather than on the faces.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 31, 2022, 3:20 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Oct 31, 2022, 3:20 a.m. EDT

Clip features do not support looking into the volume when applied to plots. I suggest that you instead add a Filter subnode to a volume plot to achieve the effect that you want.

Clip features do not support looking into the volume when applied to plots. I suggest that you instead add a Filter subnode to a volume plot to achieve the effect that you want.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.