Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ohmic contact in Semiconductor module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am unsure why the ideal ohmic setting for metallic contacts does not consider the difference in chemical potential between the metal and semiconductor. The textbook explains that there is a band bending effect at the metal/semiconductor interface, but the results from the Semiconductor Equilibrium study do not show it.

I would appreciate any suggestions or hints.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 2, 2023, 1:25 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 2, 2023, 1:25 p.m. EST
Updated: 1 year ago Mar 6, 2023, 11:33 a.m. EST

The COMSOL document describes the Ideal Ohmic Contact is used for the case of a highly doped semiconductor with negligible barrier thickness.

Could someone share their experience in modeling the band bending effect in a slightly-doped semiconductor? I am having difficulty understanding how to do it.

The COMSOL document describes the Ideal Ohmic Contact is used for the case of a highly doped semiconductor with negligible barrier thickness. Could someone share their experience in modeling the band bending effect in a slightly-doped semiconductor? I am having difficulty understanding how to do it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.