Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Abnormal displacement magnitutde in solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I'm now simulating a transit analysis of a cube under compression on the top surface. The cube unit length is 5 um but the resulted displacement is over 13 um somehow, which is defnitely abnormal to me. Note that the applied force (time dependent) and material parameters are in resonable range obatined from the experiment. And the deformation movie seems not exaggerated also. Does anyone know why this happens and how to correct it? Thank you!

Best, Kailin

1 Reply Last Post Apr 28, 2023, 5:05 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 12 months ago Apr 28, 2023, 5:05 p.m. EDT
Updated: 12 months ago May 3, 2023, 10:09 a.m. EDT

Hello Kailin,

Without seeing your mph file I don't think it's possible to figure what's wrong with your set up. Please attach it to this thread.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Kailin, Without seeing your mph file I don't think it's possible to figure what's wrong with your set up. Please attach it to this thread. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.