Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The problem of variable invocation in manual coupling of multiphysical fields

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am studying the influence of stress on the electromagnetic properties of amorphous alloy materials and applying it to the stator core of a motor. Through learning, I built a 3d multi-physical field model of the motor, and realized the sequential coupling of electromagnetic field, temperature field and stress field by separating the research steps. The coupling steps are as follows: the first four steps are electromagnetic field calculation (Coil analysis, Stationary, Time Dependent, Time to frequency losses), the fifth step is steady-state temperature field calculation, and the sixth step is steady state stress field calculation.

At present, I have calculated the stress result and established the stress-related core loss coefficient function like 'Kh(comp1.solid.mises)'. I want to feed the stress calculation result back to the first steps (electromagnetic field) as a variable to change the loss coefficient, so as to achieve iterative calculation.

And I set up 12 steps (2 same 6 steps) to achieve 2 iterative calculations. But the variable cannot be fed back to the electromagnetic field. The calculated loss result of the second iteration is the same as the first iteration. Is there an expert who knows what the problem is?

0 Replies Last Post May 27, 2023, 12:40 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello lu k

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.