Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can't save file after deleting one model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I started with one model, then created a second and afterwards deleted the first one completely. Now I am unable to save the file and I also can't run any study. I think there are some variables left from the first model I deleted. Here is the error message when I try to save the file:

The object 'Type: Geometry
Tag: geom1
Dimension: 2
Current child: r3 is not contained in a resource.

In general, how can I access variables and delete them?

1 Reply Last Post Jan 30, 2013, 1:09 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 30, 2013, 1:09 p.m. EST
Hi

once a model file gets corrupt, it's often difficult t repair.
"My way" 19 is to leave it open, start a new session and rebuild the model from scratch, using the possibility to "cut&paste" at least the most complex formulas from the corrupt one to the new one.

Sometimes you might recover if you do thefollowing 2):
Edit delete all mesh, edit delete all solution, File reset history, then save

last resor 3)t, clean up the Study nodes (delete them all) then save and reopen

But most of the time I use 1), far safer ;)

THese situations happend rather often, for me, back in 4.0 times, really very seldom now, in the latest versions (4.3a)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi once a model file gets corrupt, it's often difficult t repair. "My way" 19 is to leave it open, start a new session and rebuild the model from scratch, using the possibility to "cut&paste" at least the most complex formulas from the corrupt one to the new one. Sometimes you might recover if you do thefollowing 2): Edit delete all mesh, edit delete all solution, File reset history, then save last resor 3)t, clean up the Study nodes (delete them all) then save and reopen But most of the time I use 1), far safer ;) THese situations happend rather often, for me, back in 4.0 times, really very seldom now, in the latest versions (4.3a) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.