Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ionization of air.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I have a model that comprises a container filled with air.
From the outside there are two coils
number of turns 1e6
supply current is 1e3 A
in the container are two electrodes voltage + - + e7 V
the pressure in the container was 3000 per annum and the temperature 1E7 K.

The device should break down air to the electrons and ions.
But nothing is doing.

Does anyone advise me why?

Thank you.

4 Replies Last Post Sep 6, 2017, 9:11 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2013, 2:58 p.m. EDT

The AC/DC application module calculates currents in conductors as well as electric and magnetic fields. It doesn't include dielectric breakdown.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
The AC/DC application module calculates currents in conductors as well as electric and magnetic fields. It doesn't include dielectric breakdown. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2013, 4:22 a.m. EDT
Yes I understan .

Thank very much.
Yes I understan . Thank very much.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 4, 2013, 5:11 a.m. EDT
Hello.

I tried to use my model stationary electric and magnetic fields from RF EMW frequncy domain ..
The results are better than before.

so I want to ask:

if
The AC / DC application module Calculates currents in conductors as well as electric and magnetic fields. It does not include dielectric breakdown.

1.If AC / DC application module I use in another module will be calculated
Breaking through the dielectric?

2.If be applied electric and magnetic fields from another module will be calculated
Breaking through the dielectric?

Thank you very much.
Hello. I tried to use my model stationary electric and magnetic fields from RF EMW frequncy domain .. The results are better than before. so I want to ask: if The AC / DC application module Calculates currents in conductors as well as electric and magnetic fields. It does not include dielectric breakdown. 1.If AC / DC application module I use in another module will be calculated Breaking through the dielectric? 2.If be applied electric and magnetic fields from another module will be calculated Breaking through the dielectric? Thank you very much.

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 6, 2017, 9:11 a.m. EDT
Hello! Have you managed to solve this?
Hello! Have you managed to solve this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.