Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

permanent magnet demagnetization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am using COMSOL AC/DC Module (Perpendicular Induction Currents, Vector Potential) to analyze a permanent magnet electrical machine. I have two questions regarding the permanent magnets:

1) Is there a difference in the way COMSOL solves the problem depending on whether the permanent magnets are modeled using the constitutive relation B=Mu0*MuR*H+Br or B=Mu0*H+Mu0*M ? I can not see a difference at the first glimpse and I'm not sure which one to use.

2) Is it possible to give COMSOL the demagnetization curve of the permanent magnets, or does it simply assume a linear demagnetization? Any tips on how to check the maximum machine current/field such that the permanent magnets are protected from irreversible demagnetization?

Thanks in advance!

Arda

0 Replies Last Post Mar 22, 2010, 5:44 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arda Tüysüz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.