Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get transmittance in 2D model (RF module - in-plane, TE/TM mode)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all.

As a newbie using this tool, I'm kinda stuck in calculating transmittance in 2D model.

What I'm trying to do as a very beginning is to draw a simple rectangle and initiate EM wave from the left side of the box to the right side of it. The wave can be either TE or TM.

The thing is, the transmittance I want is dependent on frequency, so I applied solver parameter to do. However, I still don't get certain amount of power (which I think it should be constant as nothing is inside the box) transmitting box from left to right.

Model has 4 um length in x domain, I'd like to ask how I should set the Boundary conditions of 4 sides of the box. Additionally, is using Scattering boundary condition as a source appropriate? or... shall I set a port and set that as a source?

Thanks in advance. :)

0 Replies Last Post Mar 22, 2010, 11:20 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seung Hwa Oh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.