Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence for reactive flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have convergence problem for a reactor/heat exchanger system. The system consists of two channels divided by a wall. on one side of the wall reaction takes place in a catalytic film attached to te wall by the reactive flow, on the other side of the wall we have the cooling flow . I had to increase the catalytic film size as a subdomain in the settings because it could not converge. Now I get this error " residual error is greater than the tolerance "

I tried different mesh sizes and solvers . Pardiso get very close but still can not converge. any idea ??

Boundary condition

I have mass balance and energy balance ( diffusion ,convection - conduction ,convection ) with heat of reaction as a flux on one boundary this maybe a source of problem ! I have continuity boundary condition except for the catalyst surface which has a flux discontinuity.

I have attached a picture of the problem

0 Replies Last Post Apr 2, 2010, 10:36 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alireza Naseri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.