Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Airbag model for shock adsorbtion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to building a 2D Structural Mechanics model on an airbag that is used to serve as a damping mattress for an object falling on it. The airbag is assumed to have a round intersection, cylinder in shape 3D wise, with air in it. It seems the round shape airbag cannot have a solution. The error shows:
Error:
Failed to find a solution:
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution has not converged.

I tried some other shape which is not perfectly round, it works. So I hope to know how should I model the round shape airbag?
Thanks!
Kevin

0 Replies Last Post Apr 2, 2010, 11:03 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello kevin liao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.