Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using a final result of a model as an intial domain condition for another model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI. I am currently modeling a normalizing process in COMSOL 2D after a carburizing process. I would like to know is there a way to save a final result (concentration profile) of the carbruizing model and use it as an initial condition for the normalizing step(without writing the condition as a math function).
Thank you for your help.

2 Replies Last Post May 12, 2013, 1:07 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2009, 7:37 p.m. EDT
Hi

I'll propose that you take a look at the "Solver Manager" menu and cross check in the documentations, there you have possibilities to solve for one geometry, or application, store the results and restart for anoter geometry or application, with the previously saved values

take some time to run a few of the demos/examples and to read a couple of times the doc, that helps

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'll propose that you take a look at the "Solver Manager" menu and cross check in the documentations, there you have possibilities to solve for one geometry, or application, store the results and restart for anoter geometry or application, with the previously saved values take some time to run a few of the demos/examples and to read a couple of times the doc, that helps Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2013, 1:07 a.m. EDT
Dear sir,
I am keenly interested to learn normalizing and carburizing (heat treatment) by COMSOL software.
please help me
Thanking you
Dear sir, I am keenly interested to learn normalizing and carburizing (heat treatment) by COMSOL software. please help me Thanking you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.