Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Script (COMSOL 3.4)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there,

I'm working in COMSOL 3.4 and I'm using the Script to solve my problem. I basically solve for two application modes that are independent by using "initial value expression" in the initial value tab on solver manager. Then I use that solution (change "initial value expression" to "current solution") to solve for all application modes. I created the script in this way. What happens is that apparently the problem solves well for a first time but if I change parameters and run it again by clicking the "equal" sign in the toolbar the solution changes drastically (and it changes over and over even if I plug back the initial parameters). Is it has to do with the field "Values of variables not solver for and linearization point" on the solver manager? There I have selected "use setting for initial value frame" through all the solution process.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Omar

0 Replies Last Post May 8, 2010, 12:21 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Omar Canales

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.