Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in solids (Microchip).

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model (ver 4.3b) a QFN package for ICs that is placed on a PCB and surrounded by a mold compound; where the QFN produces a power of 6 watts and I'd like to investigate how the Temperature is distributed within the mold, PCB, etc...

I am using the 'Heat Transfer in Solids' module, I am setting the QFN as a 'Heat Source' that produces 6 watts and under the 'Heat Transfer in Solids 1' entity, I add all the available domains of the model, except the QFN.

But, I have always an error no matter what mesh or solver I use.

Should I add/change anything in my boundary conditions or try any other solution?

Thank you a lot in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2014, 8:38 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.