Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

fcns in comsol multi-physic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

It's a while that I am stucking on finding some information or description about fcns in Comsol.

Does any body have reference or manual about that?
For example; I am working on a code and I can not understand what does it do.

fcns{1}.type='interp';
fcns{1}.name='n0_g1';
fcns{1}.method='cubic';
fcns{1}.extmethod='extrap';
fcns{1}.x=xg1;
fcns{1}.data=n0g1;

If any body can help me I will so appreciate it.

Atousa

2 Replies Last Post Sep 4, 2009, 10:01 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 23, 2009, 3:20 a.m. EDT
Hi

I have done a quick search on "extmethod" on the pdf docs of COMSOL and get hits in the "Command.pdf" (list of commands) and the "mlinterface.pdf" (matlab interface)

The easiset is to open the two pdf files and search for "extmethod" or one of the other keywords.

When I'm searching through the doc I often do not get directly an answer to my questions about COMSOL internals, but you can work by similarity

The main chapter on COMSOL internals and functions I know about are in the mlininterface, for older Comsol versions: in the script documents

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have done a quick search on "extmethod" on the pdf docs of COMSOL and get hits in the "Command.pdf" (list of commands) and the "mlinterface.pdf" (matlab interface) The easiset is to open the two pdf files and search for "extmethod" or one of the other keywords. When I'm searching through the doc I often do not get directly an answer to my questions about COMSOL internals, but you can work by similarity The main chapter on COMSOL internals and functions I know about are in the mlininterface, for older Comsol versions: in the script documents Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 4, 2009, 10:01 a.m. EDT
Thank you Ivar. your comment was so helpful.
Atousa
Thank you Ivar. your comment was so helpful. Atousa

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.