Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Internal error in geometry decomposition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am getting this error whenever I click on the subdomain settings in the Physics tab. I am unable to understand why this error is coming? It says error 2100 Internal error in geometry decompositon.

Thanks,
Salil.

1 Reply Last Post May 14, 2010, 2:04 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 14, 2010, 2:04 a.m. EDT
Hi

This means really that your geoemtry is such that COMSOL cannot finish to analyse it, it could come from many sources, such as lines not touching each other, unclosed domains (a few microns gap between some lines is enough, and is difficult to identify. Perhaps you should try to, in Draw mode, select all geoemtry and hit he coerce to solid or composite object.

Basically it means recheck your geoemtry in detail, there are a few other discussion about this, use the search of the forum (the [Go] button above) on the error message

Good luck
Ivar
Hi This means really that your geoemtry is such that COMSOL cannot finish to analyse it, it could come from many sources, such as lines not touching each other, unclosed domains (a few microns gap between some lines is enough, and is difficult to identify. Perhaps you should try to, in Draw mode, select all geoemtry and hit he coerce to solid or composite object. Basically it means recheck your geoemtry in detail, there are a few other discussion about this, use the search of the forum (the [Go] button above) on the error message Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.