Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A simple question (Earth Science Module)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I work with the Richards's equation (Earth Science Module) a model that consists in the vertical infiltration of water in a soil column.
At the bottom of the transport domain I want to impose a FREE DRAINAGE boundary condition ( that is an UNIT GRADIENT).
By working with the Richard's equation, the module only gives me the following options for the boundary conditions:
Pressure
Zero flow
Atmosphere gauge gold
Inward flows
Mixed (mix of Dirichlet, Newman and Cauchy conditions).

How can I do to have the condition of "free drainage"?

I'll be very grateful for your help,

M.

0 Replies Last Post May 14, 2010, 4:25 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mart M

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.