Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model the electric field as a function of height over a PCB. However, in my simulations, the electric field strength is changing when I change the frequency. I am not sure if this should be the case. I am making one of the electrodes as a port and the other as ground. Can someone explain me why am I seeing the strength of the field change with frequency?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post May 24, 2010, 1:50 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 22, 2010, 2:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

Are you in static or eigenfrequency or ..., pls provide slightly more info such asa version and module(s) used.

I agree that as first thoughts, in static, the field should not increase, if you are not enetering any other energy, but have you tried to check the energy balance ?

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Are you in static or eigenfrequency or ..., pls provide slightly more info such asa version and module(s) used. I agree that as first thoughts, in static, the field should not increase, if you are not enetering any other energy, but have you tried to check the energy balance ? Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2010, 1:50 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Quasi-Statics, Electric --> In-Plane electric currents.

Can I even input a frequency in the Statics, Electric mode? Also, what do you mean by checking the energy balance?

Thanks,

Piyush
Hi Ivar, Thanks for the reply. I am using Quasi-Statics, Electric --> In-Plane electric currents. Can I even input a frequency in the Statics, Electric mode? Also, what do you mean by checking the energy balance? Thanks, Piyush

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.