Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear comsolers

I was working on electrostatic mode of application to calculate capacitance.I defined the electrodes as ports. comsol give me two sets of capacitance matrixes one the normal C11 and the other C11( from reaction of charges) and for my model the two values are not equal. Any point I have missed?

best regards

1 Reply Last Post May 31, 2010, 2:22 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2010, 2:22 a.m. EDT
Hi

what is "not equal", they could show their difference from the way they are calculated, still probably representing the same parameter. Have you tried to refine your mesh a couple of times and check how these values evolve ?

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi what is "not equal", they could show their difference from the way they are calculated, still probably representing the same parameter. Have you tried to refine your mesh a couple of times and check how these values evolve ? Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.