Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change the directory for "store solution on file" option.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a quick question about COMSOL. I am trying to change the directory to save temporary files from C drive to D drive because C drive does not have enough free space.

And I tried the following command from the manual:
For the -tmpdir option, COMSOL software uses the specified directory to store temporary files.
However, it did not work.

If you know how to solve this problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sang Jun

1 Reply Last Post Aug 28, 2009, 1:30 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 28, 2009, 1:30 a.m. EDT
Hi

I can just state for us, the redirection has always worked, lateston V3.5 on PC Vista and since 3.5a on unix, so I can only suggest that you recheck your shortcuts or launch ccomands carefully and try again,
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can just state for us, the redirection has always worked, lateston V3.5 on PC Vista and since 3.5a on unix, so I can only suggest that you recheck your shortcuts or launch ccomands carefully and try again, Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.