Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL on Amazonec2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I was trying to run COMSOL on amazon.
While file following the link "www.comsol.com/shared/downloads/RunningCOMSOLOnTheAmazonCloud.pdf",
I face errors when trying to install COMSOL on the AMI. When I try to install COMSOL into the remote terminal: " cd ~/Private/comsol/COMSOL43b_dvd/setup ami", i get this error:
"bash: cd: /root/Private/comsol/COMSOL43b_dvd/setup: No such file or directory"

3 Replies Last Post Feb 26, 2015, 8:50 a.m. EST
Robert Nadon COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 25, 2015, 3:21 p.m. EST
Hi Arpita,

I apologize for your troubles. We now only support running version 5.0 on the Amazon cloud, and have made the process much easier through Amazon's CloudFormation. For instructions on how to accomplish that please see this user's guide document: cdn.comsol.com/doc/5.0/RunningCOMSOLOnTheAmazonCloud.pdf

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Robert G. Nadon
Sr Systems Analyst
COMSOL Inc
Hi Arpita, I apologize for your troubles. We now only support running version 5.0 on the Amazon cloud, and have made the process much easier through Amazon's CloudFormation. For instructions on how to accomplish that please see this user's guide document: http://cdn.comsol.com/doc/5.0/RunningCOMSOLOnTheAmazonCloud.pdf I hope this helps. Best Regards, Robert G. Nadon Sr Systems Analyst COMSOL Inc

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 25, 2015, 4:37 p.m. EST
Thank you for the link, it helped!

I was trying to follow the steps given in the pdf.
While making the cloud formation stack, it's asking for a key-value pair.
Every try is giving the same error:
"Template validation error: Parameter KeyName failed to satisfy constraint: can contain only alphanumeric characters, spaces, dashes and underscores."

Could you possibly give a few sample key-value pair names that might work?
Thank you for the link, it helped! I was trying to follow the steps given in the pdf. While making the cloud formation stack, it's asking for a key-value pair. Every try is giving the same error: "Template validation error: Parameter KeyName failed to satisfy constraint: can contain only alphanumeric characters, spaces, dashes and underscores." Could you possibly give a few sample key-value pair names that might work?

Robert Nadon COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 26, 2015, 8:50 a.m. EST

You bet, I am going through the procedure right now. I created a key called "mp" and one called "COMSOLAWS". You can name you key anything you like, just do not include any special characters in it.

Best Regards,
Robert
You bet, I am going through the procedure right now. I created a key called "mp" and one called "COMSOLAWS". You can name you key anything you like, just do not include any special characters in it. Best Regards, Robert

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.