Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RAM usage display

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am unable to see how much RAM is being used when I run my simulations. Shouldn't it be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen?

1 Reply Last Post Sep 2, 2009, 2:08 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 2, 2009, 2:08 a.m. EDT
Hi

normally you have some RAM information in the buttom right corner as you say (there might be an option to turn it on/off somewhere too).

In anycase if you are in "client" "server" mode its only the client RAM you see.

To track the RAM with MS you can use tools from www.sysinternals.com or if you use VISTA from the "right click" on the "computer" icone then - manage - Reliability - Manage

On UX i mostly use "top" to track the RAM, you should also look at CPU usage(s) and threads if you really want to monitort what is happening

Good Luck
Ivar
Hi normally you have some RAM information in the buttom right corner as you say (there might be an option to turn it on/off somewhere too). In anycase if you are in "client" "server" mode its only the client RAM you see. To track the RAM with MS you can use tools from www.sysinternals.com or if you use VISTA from the "right click" on the "computer" icone then - manage - Reliability - Manage On UX i mostly use "top" to track the RAM, you should also look at CPU usage(s) and threads if you really want to monitort what is happening Good Luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.