Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL batch to solve many files repeatedly in Linux system without using MATLAB?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I want to run several mph files one after another on linux workstation. I have read the thread:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/13315/, it is very helpful. But it still could not solve my problem. I use comsol in linux system WITHOUT matlab installed.
Though I wrote the txt file: comsolbatch -inputfile /home/test/1.mph -outputfile /home/test/2.mph -batchlog /home/test/f1out.log
comsolbatch -inputfile /home/test/3.mph -outputfile /home/test/4.mph -batchlog /home/test/f2out.log
,I don't know how to run this txt file using linux system.
Could anyone give me some suggestions?
Many Thanks!

best,
Mechelle

1 Reply Last Post Dec 14, 2015, 4:31 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 14, 2015, 4:31 a.m. EST
Hi,

I have got the solution.
Use the command: bash x.txt to run the command file. It will generate output files.
Good luck!

Best,
Mechelle
Hi, I have got the solution. Use the command: bash x.txt to run the command file. It will generate output files. Good luck! Best, Mechelle

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.