COMSOL Conference 2015 User Presentations Now Available
Best Paper and Best Poster Award Winners Announced
BURLINGTON, MA (February 17, 2016) —COMSOL Conference 2015, the largest event for multiphysics simulation, brought together thousands of engineers, researchers, and designers worldwide to share how the COMSOL Multiphysics® software and its Application Builder are being used in multiphysics simulation and custom application design around the world. Experts produced over 750 user-contributed papers, posters, and presentations highlighting R&D projects and best practices in electrical, mechanical, fluid, and chemical engineering. The presentations are available at www.comsol.com/2015-user-presentations.
Best Paper and Best Poster Awards
The impressive R&D and application development work of COMSOL Conference 2015 presenters was recognized with Best Paper and Best Poster awards, including:
BOSTON: Best Paper Awards
- “Structural Analysis of the Advanced Divertor eXperiment's Propposed Vacuum Vessel,” by J. Doody, R. Vieira, B. LaBombard, R. Leccacorvi, J. Irby, R. Granetz, Plasma Science and Fusion Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- “Modeling of a Multilayered Propellant Extrusion in Concentric Cylinders,” by S. Durand, C. Dubois, and P. Lafleur, École Polytechnique de Montréal , V. Panchal, D. Park, US Army ARDEC, P. Paradis and D. Lepage, General Dynamics OTS Canada.
- “Numerical Modeling of 3D Electrowetting Droplet Actuation and Cooling of a Hotspot,” by M. M. Nahar, H. Moon, G. S. Bindiganavane , J. Nikapitiya, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington.
BOSTON: Best Poster Awards
- “PA Loudspeaker System Design Using Multiphysics Simulation,” by R. Balistreri, QSC Audio Products LLC
- “Assessment of Squeeze-off Location for Small Diameter Polyethylene (PE) Pipe and Tubing,” by O. Lever and E. Lever, Gas Technology Institute, Energy Delivery & Utilization
- “"Computer Simulation of Microwave Heating of Initially Frozen Sandwiches Using COMSOL Multiphysics® Application Builder,” by D. Fu, Tyson Foods, L. Wang, Simulprocess, J. Liao, S. Dus, K. Bearson, Tyson Foods.
- “Remote Sensing of Electromagnetically Penetrable Objects: Landmine and IED Detection,” by R. Eze, City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College, G. Sivulka, Regis High School (chosen by popular vote during the conference).
Award-winning user presentations from Boston, USA; Grenoble, France; Pune, India; and Beijing, China are available here: www.comsol.com/2015-user-presentations/award-winners.
COMSOL Conference 2016 Dates & Locations
Save the date for the COMSOL Conference 2016. It will make multiple stops:
- Boston, USA: October 5-7
- Munich, Germany: October 12-14
- Bangalore, India: October 20-21
- Curitiba, Brazil: October 20-21
- Shanghai, China: to be announced
- Taipei, Taiwan:November 11
- Seoul, South Korea: November 25
- Tokyo, Japan: December 9
COMSOL is a global provider of simulation software for product design and research to technical enterprises, research labs, and universities. Its COMSOL Multiphysics® product is an integrated software environment for creating physics-based models and simulation apps. A particular strength is its ability to account for coupled or multiphysics phenomena. Add-on products expand the simulation platform for electrical, mechanical, fluid flow, and chemical applications. Interfacing tools enable the integration of COMSOL Multiphysics® simulations with all major technical computing and CAD tools on the CAE market. Simulation experts rely on the COMSOL Server™ product to deploy apps to their design teams, manufacturing departments, test laboratories, and customers throughout the world. Founded in 1986, COMSOL employs more than 400 people in 22 offices worldwide and extends its reach with a network of distributors. www.comsol.com/contact
COMSOL, COMSOL Multiphysics, Capture the Concept, and COMSOL Desktop are registered trademarks of COMSOL AB. COMSOL Server, LiveLink, and Simulation for Everyone are trademarks of COMSOL AB. Other product or brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.