Simulating Metamaterials with COMSOL Multiphysics®
This archived webinar will teach you how to simulate metamaterials using COMSOL Multiphysics® and the RF Module and Wave Optics Module add-on products. The webinar focuses on the modeling capabilities in the terahertz regime, but the information can be applied to any frequency spectrum.
The webinar includes discussions on negative refractive indices, superlensing, and cloaking; and includes several demonstrations. You will see how to build a metamaterial model from scratch and then how simulations can be used to make apps. All of the example files referenced in the webinar are available for download:
- Frequency Selective Surface Simulator App
- Asymptotic Waveform Evaluation: Frequency Selective Surface Model Files
- Modeling Metallic Objects in Wave Electromagnetics Problems
- Nonlinearity Ramping for Improving Convergence of Nonlinear Problems
- Optical Nonlinearity (SHG): Second Harmonic Generation in the Frequency Domain
This webinar is relevant to recently released versions of COMSOL Multiphysics®, although you may notice small differences between versions. Check out the RF Module and Wave Optics Module product pages for more information on the modules.