Growing/Expanding domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm working on a three-layer model where my middle domain will grow as a function of time (see the blue boundary in image), I have a problem how to find or define a physics or a method to make this middle domain grow knowing that I use the temporal solver.

3 Replies Last Post May 2, 2024, 2:34 a.m. EDT

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 1, 2024, 5:33 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 weeks ago May 1, 2024, 8:32 a.m. EDT

You probably might employ a thermal expansion material.

You probably might employ a thermal expansion material.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 1, 2024, 5:25 p.m. EDT

Depending on the physics or mechanics that is causing the growth there may be different options. You may want to look into the options provided by the moving mesh and/or deformed mesh methods.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Depending on the physics or mechanics that is causing the growth there may be different options. You may want to look into the options provided by the moving mesh and/or deformed mesh methods.

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 2, 2024, 2:34 a.m. EDT

thank you for your reply, i have tested the defromed geometry option, i was able to move the forntier but the problem is that in the simulation there is no change it always refers to the initial domains for calculations, the domaine is not updated

thank you for your reply, i have tested the defromed geometry option, i was able to move the forntier but the problem is that in the simulation there is no change it always refers to the initial domains for calculations, the domaine is not updated

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.