Released December 5, 2012.
For update details, click this link:
The update for LiveLink for Excel must be applied separately.
If you previously installed LiveLink™ for Excel®, for Excel 2010, then begin with uninstalling it. To uninstall: open the Control Panel, select Uninstall a program. In the list, right-click COMSOL 4.3a - LiveLink for Excel and select Uninstall.
Install the update by clicking on one of the following links.
Note: When installing with Excel 2007, make sure to select Just me under the Select Installation Option.
comsol_188.8.131.52_llexcel_win32.exe (for 32-bit Windows)
comsol_184.108.40.206_llexcel_win64.exe (for 64-bit Windows)
Update Details for Update 1
- Improved handling of load cases for parametric sweeps.
- Corrected and improved handling of selections in the Report Generator.
- Grid ticks are now displayed correctly.
- Corrected problem that could occur when moving a solver node.
- Improved cluster performance and stability.
- The documentation root directory is now correctly updated.
- User-defined material libraries are now saved correctly in all cases.
- Corrected handling of empty values when using <sub> and <sup> HTML tags in titles and axis labels.
- Generating reports in Word format now works correctly on Mac and Linux.
- The Results window has been renamed to the Table window and dynamically displays the name of the current table.
- In the Analytic, Interpolation, and Piecewise functions' settings window, the Parameters section has been renamed to the Definition section.
- Periodic PDE constraints for vector elements now work in all space dimensions.
- It is now possible to remove all study nodes.
- uohm is now a valid syntax for microohm.
- Improved stability and user interface.
- Using the Transition boundary condition in the Magnetic Fields interface now works correctly when solving for the background field.
- Using power excitation in a Single-Turn Coil Domain now works correctly.
- Units are now displayed consistently in the Multi-Turn Coil Domain settings.
- Corrected the conservative form for the level set formulation in 2D-axisymmetry.
- The Laminar Inflow boundary condition no longer constrains the velocity to zero on the symmetry axis when solving for 2D-axisymmetry.
Chemical Reaction Engineering Module
- Corrected Turbulent Mixing in the Concentrated Species interface.
- The Periodic and Pair Conditions in the Concentrated Species interface now work correctly when using the Maxwell-Stefan diffusion model.
- Improved backward compatibility for the Reacting Flow interface when opening models created with a COMSOL version earlier than 4.3.
- Improved stability in the Reacting Flow and the Reaction Engineering interfaces.
- To add a CAPE-OPEN Interface node, right-click Global Definitions and select Functions>CAPE-OPEN Interface.
Heat Transfer Module
- The physics-induced mesh in the Non-Isothermal Flow interface now also accounts for interior walls.
- Improved convergence when using the Inflow Heat Flux boundary condition.
- Improved load group factor implementation for stabilization.
- Corrected total heat flux/source expression in 2D-axi geometries with moving frames.
- Renamed vapor mass fraction to
omega_moistin order to avoid variable conflict with angular frequency (
- The Viscous Heating feature now supports Swirl flow in 1D- and 2D-axisymmetry.
- Improved backward compatibility for models using a Line Heat Source.
- Thin conductive shell interface now works correctly for solving a time dependent study on a moving frame.
- Improved backward compatibility for models using crosswind diffusion.
- Adding an Electric Shielding feature to a Piezoresistivity interface now works correctly.
- The Linear Buckling study step is now available in the MEMS Module.
- Improved default solver suggestions when using the Free Molecular Flow interface.
- Corrected handling of Periodic Conditions.
- The scattering boundary condition now works correctly also when the Electric displacement field model uses Polarization.
- Corrected expressions for PMLs used with 2.5D and with mode analysis.
- Microwave heating boundary mode analysis now supports eigenvalue transforms.
- Corrected electromagnetic loss expressions for eigenfrequency studies to be non-negative.
- Surface current density norm is now available in the postprocessing variables list.
Structural Mechanics Module
- Principal stresses evaluated at Gauss points now contain a unit.
- Corrected bending thermal strains in curved thick shells.
- Corrected cyclic symmetry in 2D with a common point for the sector boundaries.
LiveLink™ for Excel®
- LiveLink™ for Excel® now supports Excel 2007.
- Corrected background color when using software rendering.
- Entering numbers with a regional decimal separator is now supported.
- Improved postprocessing for 0D models.
- LiveLink™ for Excel® now works on 64-bit Japanese Windows.
- Corrected saving and loading to Excel files for layers in ECAD import and for parameter estimation.
- Improved stability and user interface.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for MATLAB®
- Models using external functions are now portable between supported operating systems.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for Inventor®
- Fixed “Failed to connect to Inventor. Please make sure Inventor is running” error that could occur when synchronizing.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for Solid Edge®
- Values for linked dimensional parameters are now displayed correctly.