Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling a fan in a closed volume(interior boundary) in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using COMSOL 5.6. In my project, I have to simulate a heat transfer inside a box. So, for that, a fan should be simulated inside that closed box. But COMSOL does not allow me to select the boundaries inside of that model. (either inlet or outlet to the fan and heat flux boundary conditions) Is there any method to simulate that model or any advice to continue that model.

1 Reply Last Post Aug 9, 2021, 3:28 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 9, 2021, 3:28 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Aug 10, 2021, 11:30 a.m. EDT

Hello Raveen,

If I understand your intentions correctly, you should use the "Interior Fan" capability. This old thread illustrates it. Please note that the Interior Fan capability is included in the optional CFD Module and in the optional Heat Transfer Module, so you will need to make sure your license includes one of those two products. You can check on that inside the COMSOL GUI by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Raveen, If I understand your intentions correctly, you should use the "Interior Fan" capability. This [old thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/45205/generating-flow-internally?last=2014-06-12T18:22:06Z) illustrates it. Please note that the Interior Fan capability is included in the optional CFD Module and in the optional Heat Transfer Module, so you will need to make sure your license includes one of those two products. You can check on that inside the COMSOL GUI by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.