Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export tables?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs.
Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table?
Thanks,
Daniel

5 Replies Last Post Dec 23, 2010, 2:04 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 3:05 a.m. EST
Hello Daniel,
this has been fixed in version 4.1, which is currently being shipped to customers on subscription.
Niklas Rom
COMSOL

Hi,

in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs.
Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table?
Thanks,
Daniel

Hello Daniel, this has been fixed in version 4.1, which is currently being shipped to customers on subscription. Niklas Rom COMSOL [QUOTE] Hi, in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs. Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table? Thanks, Daniel [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 4:07 a.m. EST
Hello Niklas,
thank you for this hint. But in the new version will I still have to export the table data out of a table plot or will there be another solution?
Will Comsol 4.1 be available as an update to Comsol 4.0a or do I need to buy this version?
Thanks,
Daniel
Hello Niklas, thank you for this hint. But in the new version will I still have to export the table data out of a table plot or will there be another solution? Will Comsol 4.1 be available as an update to Comsol 4.0a or do I need to buy this version? Thanks, Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 5:36 a.m. EST
Hi,

Daniel, I have the same problem with you. Did you find the way out?

Thank you in advance.
Hi, Daniel, I have the same problem with you. Did you find the way out? Thank you in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 6:02 a.m. EST
Hi,

in Comsol 4.1 there is a button near the "export table to clipboard" button to export a table into a txt-file.

Furthermore in Comsol 4.1 my workaround to automatically export table data with the subnode "Report" works. If you have added a table plot, it´s now possible to export the table plot data without getting an error message.

In Comsol 4.0a there seems to be no solution yet.

Daniel
Hi, in Comsol 4.1 there is a button near the "export table to clipboard" button to export a table into a txt-file. Furthermore in Comsol 4.1 my workaround to automatically export table data with the subnode "Report" works. If you have added a table plot, it´s now possible to export the table plot data without getting an error message. In Comsol 4.0a there seems to be no solution yet. Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 23, 2010, 2:04 a.m. EST
Hi,

Daniel, thank you for your reply.

Best wishes for you.
Hi, Daniel, thank you for your reply. Best wishes for you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.