Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: 9187_Time-out waiting for MATLAB.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I work on Comsol 3.5a. Version number is 3.5.0.603. I need to connect to Matlab2010a. I work in linux platform.
I installed COMSOL 3.5a Hotfix 1 and my version number upgraded to 3.5.0.608. I also installed Patch for MATLAB 2010a support. Even after this, when I try to connect to Matlab, the following error occurs.

Error: 9187
Time-out waiting for MATLAB.

Details:
Exception:
com.femlab.util.FlException: Time-out waiting for MATLAB.

Stack trace:
at com.femlab.server.i.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.FlProgressThread.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

Please suggest some solution to overcome this problem.
Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 16, 2010, 9:45 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 9:45 a.m. EST
HI

I do not want to give bad news but multiple provider versioning is one of the most ennying issues to solve ;) I fair that your latest mmatlab is far to "new" for your more than last years COMSOL

But there might be some other persons out here having some more optimistic advice ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
HI I do not want to give bad news but multiple provider versioning is one of the most ennying issues to solve ;) I fair that your latest mmatlab is far to "new" for your more than last years COMSOL But there might be some other persons out here having some more optimistic advice ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.