Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

harmonic propagation in comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyboby,
I always used comsol 3.5 to calculate the cupling field of plasmonic gratings. So I was able to use under multiphysics->RF module-> in-plane wave->tm waves->harmonic propagation.
Recently I and my supervisor updated Comsol to the new version 4.0, but I cannot find a way to simulate the same structures.
Can anyone help me? How can I simulate an harmonic propagation problem with the new Comsol?

I have a second question linked to the previous one (maybe trivial). When I define a port under "electromagnetic Waves (emw)"->port Comsol forces me to insert only electric field in the user-defined port. In the previous version 3.5 I could define also magnetic field by setting TM waves instead of TE waves.
Can I do a similar thing in Comsol 4.0a?

Best Regards.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 14, 2010, 11:15 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 14, 2010, 11:15 a.m. EST
Hi Marco,

I would suggest you to browse through any of the given tutorial model. Trust me it would be quicker in getting you on board than anything we would write here.

All the best!
Hi Marco, I would suggest you to browse through any of the given tutorial model. Trust me it would be quicker in getting you on board than anything we would write here. All the best!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.