Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Domain Probe Use

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

We are currently working on a PEMFC Modeling on Comsol 4.0 and we have some problems to understand what corresponds to the "Expression" field in the "Domain Probe" window.

We are trying to compute in 2D a 3D tutorial which exists in the Fuel Cells toolbox we have.

What is the role of Domain Probe ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Pierre Carniato
Julien Chemin

2 Replies Last Post Feb 26, 2017, 12:19 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 3, 2011, 6:16 a.m. EST
Hi

a domain probe is used to plot a variable during the solver process, useful for long parametric sweeps, especially as the solver convergence plot is not running today in v4.

It might contains an integration operator, or a given variable, or an expression of several variables. This probe will generate a (or more) table(s) and a plot in the results.

Note that sometimes if you add a probe once the solver has already run once, this plot figure is not being updated before you have run the solver once again (2x, particularly in v4.0)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi a domain probe is used to plot a variable during the solver process, useful for long parametric sweeps, especially as the solver convergence plot is not running today in v4. It might contains an integration operator, or a given variable, or an expression of several variables. This probe will generate a (or more) table(s) and a plot in the results. Note that sometimes if you add a probe once the solver has already run once, this plot figure is not being updated before you have run the solver once again (2x, particularly in v4.0) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 26, 2017, 12:19 p.m. EST
Hi,
I am running time-dependent diffusion model of chemical in a small fluidic channel. Is it possible to create multiple domain probes so that I can keep track of concentration change vs time in each domain probe?
What I want to do is to generate a table describing the concentration change with time at different location in the channel.

Thanks,

Long.
Hi, I am running time-dependent diffusion model of chemical in a small fluidic channel. Is it possible to create multiple domain probes so that I can keep track of concentration change vs time in each domain probe? What I want to do is to generate a table describing the concentration change with time at different location in the channel. Thanks, Long.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.