Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding air coil inductance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every one. This is Pranith. I am doing air coil simulation in comsol. I need to find inductance and ac resistance. When i am using freuqncy like 1K,10K,100k it is showing apporiximatly correct results(compared to practical results using RLC meter) but when i am using high frequncys like 1M, 2M. It is not even showing approximat result. Can any one give me hit.
Thanks alot.

pratical results:
Frequncy Inductance resistance
1K 3.89uH .015
10K 3.85uH .040
100K 3.82uH .050
1M 3.80uH .11
simulation results:
Frequncy Inductance resistance(ohm)
1K 3.85uH .020
10K 3.83uH .050
100K 3.78uH .055
1M .77uH 8.4

0 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2011, 5:17 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pranith Tummala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.