Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Get the time needed when the temperature reduced to an mediate values (Heat transfer model)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

A 1D heat transfer model, cooling from two terminal points, the initial condition is T0, the boundary condition is T0-B*t (B is the cooling rate). I want to know the time needed when the temperature reduced to Tp (just an example) for every point (or mesh node?) in the domain. I know I can make it during postprocessing, but it's not convenient.
My current way is defining a variable, for example, time=(abs(T-Tp)<=e)*t, where e is a small value. the disadvantage of this way is that if e is too small, time will be zero, if e is too large, there will be more than one values for time for certain point.
Do anybody have better ways?

0 Replies Last Post May 2, 2011, 5:06 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xiaoyi Yu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.