Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotating Machines, Generator,Rotor rotates ,Single- Coils won't rotate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I'm a bit in hurry right now, so I have to make it quick:

I'm facing some issues in modelling electric machines.
Using:
Physic: rotating machines; 2D ;Time dependent.

I built a Generator model with 2 poles. Sending a DC Current via Single- Coil boundary into the rotor and the negative value back again with more Single-Coil boundaries.
Then I let the rotor rotate with a defined speed around the z-axis. Time dependent rotor rotating works great, but the Single-Coil boundaries don't rotate... They just stay where they are and so does the DC current density.

IF I choose a permanent magnet instead of a DC Current for the rotor, the magnetic vector potential at least rotates and induces current density into the stator flutes. Though I think that I'm still doing something wrong because I get induced almost the same current density in the rotor flutes...
I was hoping for the current density in the rotor flutes to be zero, since it rotates with the same speed as the magnetic vector potential.

Sadly I didn't find much information about the rotating machines module. A little bit in the COMSOL documentation and in 1 thread of this forum.

I attached a .gif where you can see that the magnetic vector potential rotates and induces a current density into the rotor and the stator, although it's defined as a remanence magnetic flux density via "Ampere's law" for the rotor, which is being rotated...

I hope someone can help me with my problems...
Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post Jun 15, 2011, 4:13 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 15, 2011, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Hi,

try this,

2D Plottgroup > plot settings > Frame > spatial (x, y ,z)

if it doesnt work, than we have the sampe problem. :)

regards
akmal
Hi, try this, 2D Plottgroup > plot settings > Frame > spatial (x, y ,z) if it doesnt work, than we have the sampe problem. :) regards akmal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.