Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDMS properties?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am currently working on a Solid-Acoustic problem, where I would like to use the material PDMS (polydimethylsiloxane) in two regions. However, when I try to make a user defined material, by inserting the density (965 kg/m3), Poisson's Ratio (0.5) and Young's Modulus (0,98 MPa), I cannot solve the problem. If I however choose another solid it solves it in no time.

Do any of you know, if a PDMS material has been made and can be imported? Or do you know which material constant I need?

Regards
Kasper

1 Reply Last Post Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 p.m. EDT
Hi

try poisson 00.495.
AS 0.5 is REALLY too much ;),
but normally you ave better material models for large nu materials, take a look at the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try poisson 00.495. AS 0.5 is REALLY too much ;), but normally you ave better material models for large nu materials, take a look at the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.