Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problems with convection furnace

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

I'm modeling a convection furnace. the expected heating time is around 6 hours. At this point every ingot in the oven should have reached the temperature 608 degrees celsius.

in my model it is almost immediately . I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Can someone please give me a hint.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 14, 2011, 4:36 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2011, 4:36 p.m. EDT
Hi

there can be many things: I would rank (as first guess)
- general units errors
- geometrical diimension (if you import the model this might change the default units)
- bad BC, absolute value instead of "density"
- bad material parameter
- wrong default temperature

Try to load your initial conditions too, and see if these are correct

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there can be many things: I would rank (as first guess) - general units errors - geometrical diimension (if you import the model this might change the default units) - bad BC, absolute value instead of "density" - bad material parameter - wrong default temperature ... Try to load your initial conditions too, and see if these are correct -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.