Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Average current density as Boundary Condition ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello !

I have a question. I have a model of a fuel cell.

I want to set as the boundary condition for the electronic voltage a value that represents the integration of the current density along that boundary. What I want to avoid is to set the local value of the current density and instead I want to set the total value of the current density along that boundary without specifying it locally. Is that possible ?

In my problem I am particularly interested in the information of the voltage distribution at that boundary. That is why I think that giving the exact distribution of the current as boundary condition will force my answer to behave in that specific way.

If you have a different idea of how to treat this issue I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Maria

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2011, 5:01 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maria Zarzalejo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.