Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Remeshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody! :)

I'm quite new on COMSOL, and I have to simulate a huge problem: How the gas expand in a gun suppressor?

I am having a lot of trouble regarding the moving bullet, which is very important in the function of the suppressor. So I will probably need to use the Deformed Geometry module to make the bullet travel in it, and I will also need to remesh many times, because the mesh is very modified after a little time.
So, what I have done is: I made the bullet move with a "Prescribed mesh Velocity" on a little time where the mesh is not too much modified, and then I create a new mesh and use it to continue the simulation, but an horrible error occure: "Duplicate Variable Name" T.T

Could anybody tell me how to fixe that? I also tried the Automatic Remeshing, but it does not work at all... same problem.

For now I am just trying to make a circle move in a rectangle with DG and remesh it to learn how the remeshing works, without good results...

Thank you very much for your help. I am particularly stucked...

Remy

1 Reply Last Post Oct 28, 2011, 3:03 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 28, 2011, 3:03 a.m. EDT
Hi

there are many tricks and things to apply, (not my speciality) but I remember I learned a lot by following the normal and advanced meshing courses of COMSOL (its a days per item). If you jump stright into such a complex task, I can only recommend that you find ut if you can follow one of those, you will find the info on the main sote for all over the worlds

COMSOL could perhaps set up web training days for those really far off

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are many tricks and things to apply, (not my speciality) but I remember I learned a lot by following the normal and advanced meshing courses of COMSOL (its a days per item). If you jump stright into such a complex task, I can only recommend that you find ut if you can follow one of those, you will find the info on the main sote for all over the worlds COMSOL could perhaps set up web training days for those really far off -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.