Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

B-H (HofB) curve definition for permanent magnets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the 3.5a version since it is still providing the accuracy that I need but I have to follow the new version for internal compability, therefore I am trying to transfer my non-linear magnetics problem to 4.2.

In the 3.5a version defining a H as a function of B function for the permanent magnet and from subdomain settings selecting H=f(B) constitutive relation and typing in HB(Br_emqa[1/T])+Hc and HB(Bz_emqa[1/T]) depending on the magnetization direction of the permanent magnet was working like a charm.

The same trick failed in the 4.x series. I wonder if there is anybody who actually used a HB curve of a permanent magnet in combination with a non-linear HB curve of a ferromagnetic material and can share the model with the rest of the community?

Thanks in advance,
Onur

Please note: I have gone through the model database and could only be able to find HB applications for non permanent magnet structures.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 28, 2011, 8:43 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Onur Ilkorur

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.