Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of fins in fan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a computer cooling simulation which has vertical fins attached to a base that rotates. Heat is absorbed by the base while cold air is blown from top. I am trying to make a very simple model of this type of fan from Sandia for my class project (www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/263542,sandia-air-bearing-heat-exchanger-starts-cooling-revolution.aspx).

I watched few tutorials and all of them were using CFD plug in COMSOL for these kind of simulation while the licensing in my school doesn't have CFD feature. Therefore, I was wondering if there is a way to build a very simple model of that fan from scratch. I would appreciate link to any tutorials or videos on building a simple version of it.

Regards,
Prashanta

0 Replies Last Post Nov 5, 2011, 4:21 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Prashanta Shrestha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.